Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
pawan_tcs Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop Camera and HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader does not work after upgrade to Windows 10

HP ENVY m6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After upgrading to Windows 10, I see atleast 2 things stopped working-

1)Camera - I tested with Skype and its not able to locate webcam. I checked in 'device manager' and can not find 'imaging device' listed there. Laptop camera is 'HP TrueVision HD' which is not working.

FYI: Laptop 'Settings' -> Camera is 'on' -> Skype is also 'on'

==>This is a  VERY HIGH priority issue for me as I have my skype job interview scheduled and need to fix ASAP please.

2) HP SimplePass Fingerprint reader is not working and I can no longer login using that. But this is not a high priority issue and can be dealt with later.

Request your help please.

Product Name: HP ENVY m6 Notebook PC

Product Number: C2N76UA#ABA

Regards

Pawan

1 REPLY
pawan_tcs Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop Camera and HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader does not work after upgrade to Windows 10

You can reach out to me at my cell number +1-201-707-6102 to help fix the issue as soon as possible PLEASE!!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation