Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
12 6 0 2
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Laptop Envy 15 j118so wont startup after crash!

HP Recommended
envy 15 j118so
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My laptop has during a longer time had problems with crashes. It freezes, sometimes it restarts on its own after that happends. It doesn't have to be that I've alot of programs running, it's usually when I'm on youtube this happens. Lately, can't recall when it started but it starts crashing with that the graphic driver have had problems, something in the lines of; “Grathic driver AMD stopped responding and has recovered".

I have had it on service before, for other non relaited problems, and on that test-papper thingy it said they found nothing else that was wrong with it. But just an hour after that I've had it home it crashed...

Now the problem is that 2 days ago I had it on for about an hour and it crashed two times during that and with the graphic driver message went off and the last time it actually looked like it is the graphic card that's the problem. The screen did not just only freeze it was like multi colored, hard to describe but it had like lines of bright colors that should not be there? And now when I tried to start it, it doesn't go longer than the HP logo, I've tried to restart it but then it just said "preparing automatic repair" I let it be but still nothing happended after 2 hours!

I've had a hp laptop prior, which I'm using right now as backup. This one have had grathic problems in the display with some cord that was loose, can it be the same or not? Or is it just to send it on service?
I wanted to check here first to see if its anything I can do on my own as I've an enormous social anxiety and I'm college student. I've only had this one for 10 months. I got incurense on it the year out. Never dropped but it has some scratches, updated to W10.

Sorry for my english 

Regards, Sarah

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,851 5,326 350 630
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Rockcat,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums!

I read your post about the notebook not starting, and wanted to assist you!

Did you start to have this issue before, or after upgrading the notebook to Windows 10?  A loose cable is always a possibility, however, it seems likely that the issue is related to the Graphics Driver.  Are you able to get the notebook to start at all?  Try reviewing the following documents, and let me know how it goes:

HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)

HP PCs - Error: Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
12 6 0 2
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It do start but it's stuck on the HP logo and just loads, or it says "preparing for automacic repair" and goes no further. 

It had some problems with freezing before the update but the drver was after, I think, hard to recall. Before W10 update it was mostly due to overheating.

I'll take a look at them links 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
12 6 0 2
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well I could not solve it on my own so I went to the store so they fixed it instead. Since I've a full pakage of support and insurance, I was not comfortable doing anything on my own that would risk it.

In store they did a full reset, downgraded it to W8.1 and did a reinstallation of software. 

That did not help apparently so send it of to repair it, 3 weeks later now I got it back. 
Hardware error, change of motherboard and CPU.

Either it was W10 or everyone that I've talked to says AMD is complete trash and ruins it.

And AMD is the problem to why it was freezing and crashing from the beginning.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation