Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
wyattcole72 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop Hard Drive Failed, Please Help

HP 15-g020dx

My hard drive on my laptop is no longer working. Do I need to buy a new one?

HP Diagnostic Codes:

Testing Drive: 1

Hard Drive SMART Check : PASSED

Hard Drive Short DST Check : FAILED

FAILURE ID : MCU3L2-7AP8A3-XD7V6K-60Q103

PRODUCT ID : K7W82UA#ADA

Hard Drive 1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Component Test : FAILED

Press Escape (esc) to go back to the main menu or click on the button below.

Please help me. Thank you!

1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
43620 3223 13474
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop Hard Drive Failed, Please Help

DST:Failed =  the hard drive has failed and will need to be replaced. If you are still in warranty HP will replace it. If not a retail laptop SATA hard drive can be used. Just be sure to get one of at least equal capacity as the original 1Tb in order to use  HP Recovery Media. 

Your model is one of the trickier ones to change hard drive. No longer a simple access panel on bottom. Maintenance & Service Guide will help:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04886216

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation