Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
6 4 1 1
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Solved!

Laptop Not Shutting Down Automatically.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have an HP 2000t-2d00 CTO Notebook PC, Model: D6Q45AV.

While I shut down my laptop, the computer shuts down with the message saying Shutting Down as normal.

However when the screen turns black, the power is still on (lights are still on) and the computer does not shut down.

I have waited for it to automatically shut down for 15 minutes, but instead I held onto the power button to manually shut it down.

Also, I cannot restart the computer nor put it on sleep mode.

When I restart the computer, the restarting screen only appears and does not restart the computer.

While trying to put the computer on sleep mode, the screen turns black, but still the power is still on.

This has occurred since this morning.

Yesterday night when I shut down, I got the Shutting Down message, the screen turned black, and the computer shut down in 10 seconds (all lights are off) as it normally should. 

Is there a software update that would solve this issue?

Thank you.

-Eric

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 957 2,203
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @EricHP08

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have looked into your issue about your HP 2000t-2d00  Notebook and having issues with shutting down correctly. Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant. Just download and run the application and it will help with the updated software and drivers on your system. 

Here is a link to managing power options. Which gives you an automatic link to using the power troubleshooter in Windows 8.  Don't forget if an application is open and active this will cancel the shutdown.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
6 4 1 1
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Only when I went to control panel, I was able to open troubleshooting and power options.

I clicked improve power usage and reached a window that said Detecting Issues.

Once completed, the window said no issues detected.

I shut down my computer, and still it did not shut down without me holding the power button.

This laptop is no longer under warranty , would you be able to provide with a phone number that handles these power issues without any charges? 

0 Kudos
Author
Level 1
6 4 1 1
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I downloaded the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI Update last Tuesday.

The computer will still not shut down automatically, or wake from sleep mode.

I would like to know if there is an alternate solution to this issue.

-Eric

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 957 2,203
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @EricHP08

Here is a link to managing power options. In this link select the option for changing power button and lid settings in Windows 8.

It should be on balanced and select change plan settings on the right. This will show you how to change settings for the power button. You must change both battery and ac adapter settings. Click on save changes and restart the computer.

You can call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link to get the support number for your region. They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
6 4 1 1
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

On Thursday, I went to Control Panel: Programs and Features: I clicked viewed installed updates.

I clicked on the KB3000850 Windows Update from Nov-25, and uninstalled it.

The computer took about an hour and a half to uninstall after restart.

I tested if the computer's sleep mode worked by closing the lid of the laptop.

It finally went to sleep mode properly.

When I opened the laptop, it woke up as it should be.

Now shut down, restart, and sleep are working properly.

I think the problem was the update.

-Eric

Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Managing Power does not repair this issue.  It has no effect on the issue at all.  I have the very same issue with my Pavilion 17 Laptop

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't have the update mentioned above, so that does nothing.  My laptop and both of my children's laptops all have the same issue.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation