cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Laptopboy
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Laptop Problem: Weird Sound coming from laptop

HP Recommended
Okay first things first, I'm really sorry if I am breaking some forum rule here, and the fact that I have no idea where to put this situation category-wise. My laptop, a HP Pavalion 15-p213cl, which I believe I have had for a year or two now(I do not exactly remember...) is making some weird noise. Kind of like its vibrating. From some google searches... The problem may be because of the fan. Every time I try openin the laptop, the noise appears and it gets worse over time.

Anyways I never had this kind of problem and since I'm not a tech guy... I am afraid to take this situation on based on some YouTube videos.

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Resolv_S
Retired
Retired
3,304 3,084 179 340
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,@Laptopboy

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.

I understand that you have weird noise from the PC. Did I get it right?

Seems like a CPU Fan issue. However, I need information to understand the issue correctly and works towards finding a more appropriate solution.

• Does the PC indicate any error on Fan?
  • Does the laptop overheat and shutdown?
  • Does the laptop take a long time to startup or shutdown?

Let me know for more. I will be happy to help.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Laptopboy
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
HI sorry for this late reply, it's a difficulty to get online these past few days. Anyways, you've got it right, it making weird sound. When I try to restart the laptop, it takes for ever but I can't say I wait it out. I have seen some people say that if the laptop is kept on for a while while its having this situation, the inner parts may be fried. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Resolv_S
Retired
Retired
3,304 3,084 179 340
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@Laptopboy,

Thanks for the reply.

The confirmation you have shared, helps me conclude that the PC has issues with the CPU fan.

It causes a lot of heat when malfunctioning.

I recommend you to have it changed in order to prevent any further damages to other internal components.

You may reach HP Phone support using the link below.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

Hope the information shared will help you fix the issue. Please share for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation