cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tazdh Student
Student
0 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop SLOW/dragging

Pavilion 17-f002
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This laptop has been slow since purchased (originally had WIN 8.1). It has the AMD Quad-Core A8-6410 proccessor, and 4GB of RAM.

I updated it to 16GB of RAM thinking it would speed it up (knowing the issues with WIN 8). Then updated to WIN 10 with hopes that and upping the RAM would fix it.

The only option I have left is to put in a SSD to hopefully make things faster, but I doudbt it will help as web pages are extremely slow too...

Where do I go from here?? New MB or processor? Will never get another AMD, thats for sure....... 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
2785 2657 144 330
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop SLOW/dragging

Hi @tazdh,

Welcome to HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help.

I understand that the performance of the laptop is slow, and also the loading of webpage is slow.

Please try the following documents for troubleshooting:

HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎

HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)

Let me know if they help.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation