Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Replaced bad la[top battery and replaced with new one that tested good. Get message: plugged, battery not charging. Tried the uninstall procedure in Device manager and reported, but still not charging

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @Giff1, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand you are getting plugged in not charging error on your PC.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist your better.

Please try the steps recommended below.

Note: Before trying out the below solution, you should try to unplug the charger and remove and reinsert the battery and see if it’s working. Sometimes restarting your PC also fixes this problem. If it’s not working, follow the steps below.

1. Right click on Windows icon to expand out its context menu. Find and click on the option entry named Device Manager as shown below.
2. A window named Device Manager will open up. Expand the entry named Batteries by clicking on the side arrow associated with it. As next, right click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and click on the Uninstall option.
3. The next step is to click on the tab named Action and then to click on the option Scan for hardware changes.
4.  Now expand the entry Batteries once again by clicking on the side arrow just like before. As next, right click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and click on the Update Driver Software option.
5.  Now you will be asked to choose a method to search for the driver software. If you have the driver all set already, then you can click on the option Browse my computer for driver software. Else you can ask Windows to find the appropriate driver software by itself by clicking on the option Search automatically for updated driver software.

Also, please update the drivers on your PC using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know how to use HP support assistant.

Let me know if this works!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Laptop is a DMZ1 3000 model number XL303AV.  I had already tried all of what you recommended twice and still not working.  THE drivers were all up to date.

HP Recommended

@Giff1

Hi,

as @A4Apollo is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. I have read your post comprehensively.

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Does the laptop shutdown right away if the charger is disconnected from the laptop?

I recommend you to perform the following steps tin the below order to fix the issue with the battery not charging: NOTE: Yoy may skip the steps which you have already performed.

• Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%. 
  • Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins. 
  • Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager, 
  • Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed. 

If the issue persists then perform a BIOS update on your laptop via this link. I see that there is only one BIOS update available and it is if you're using the Windows 7 operating system.

If the battery continues to not charge then please perform the steps to run the hardware test on the battery calibrate the battery. The steps are included in this link.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know how it goes. All the best! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.