cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Jordan7788
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop doesn't turn on anymore

Onjown
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Help, I was trying to reset my system as it was feeling very bogged down, (keep in mind this was my first time doing this) so I went to updates and security and reset it and made sure anything vital would still be there. Then I come back and when I go to turn on my laptop there is nothing. I tried hard reseting it but it didn't respond at all. The charging led doesn't even come on anymore. Can anybody please help me? Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Level 15
Level 15
9,100 8,995 735 3,308
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome onboard!

I am sorry for the issues you experience with your HP computer.

Please, clarify and post your computer model - is it a notebook or desktop ? or may be tablet or all-in-one device ?

When you press the power-on button what happens ? Does it start with some black/blank screen or it feels like there is no power at all ?

Here is some generic info about such issues you experience now. Follow the appropriate steps that fit your case to attempt to fix the issue:

>> http://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c03518165

>> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03515402

Your feedback and update is highly appreciated
*** Click on the button below to accept this advice as a solution if it helped you
*** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say thanks or give like 
index.png
HP Expert - volunteer - not employed by HP Inc. *** I express personal opinion only. *** IT Commodity and Cyber Security professional *** Location/timezone: Europe
0 Kudos
Jordan7788
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It was originally windows 7, its a notebook, model I believe is Pavillion dv7. To answer your question no, nothing happens at all when I hit power. The charging LED isn't even on.

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
9,100 8,995 735 3,308
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is a hardware issue.

Try getting the battery out, then back in and try to power it on.

If this doesn't work, try the suggestions posted above.

If nothing really helps, contact the support center for assistance and service.

*** Click on the button below to accept this advice as a solution if it helped you
index.png
HP Expert - volunteer - not employed by HP Inc. *** I express personal opinion only. *** IT Commodity and Cyber Security professional *** Location/timezone: Europe
0 Kudos
Jordan7788
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tried that, didn't work. I might have an idea of what did it and as a ho support tell me your thoughts. So recently I had been experimenting with command prompt and whilst self teaching I learned how to make viruses. I had made one in a batch file that, if run would delete c drive and system 32 (research purposes didn't actually plan on using it) and I just was like whatever and put it in a folder. When I reset my computer do you think there's a chance that it mightve opened it? (Not even sure if it was still in batch file so it mightve not even been possible.)

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
9,100 8,995 735 3,308
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

No, from what you describe this seems like hardware issue, not software one like viruses/bat script.

If it was a software problem, your PC would have started, BIOS, POST and you would get some error message for missing/corrupted OS.

index.png
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation