Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Tutor
Message 1 of 21 (59,938 Views)

Laptop doesn't wake after sleep mode after Windows 10 update

Product Name: Hp Pavilion Beats Audio
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I usually lower the laptop lid when i want to put it into sleep mode; after the windows 10 update, this stopped working. I tried putting it into sleep mode from the start menue. This causes the screen to become black, but power to remain on ( I can see this from a steady light from the power button whereas sleep would have a flashing power button). The laptop's fan also increases in speed. When I try to wake the laptop, nothing happenes; I have tried to use ctrl+alt+delete, however this also does not work. I am ususally forced to resort to a manual shut down via holding the power button for a few second and restarting the laptop. I have tried updating the display adapters, restarted the laptop, and still no result. Does anyone know why this is happenning and how I can fix it?

Top Student
Message 2 of 21 (59,918 Views)

Re: Laptop doesn't wake after sleep mode after Windows 10 update

I was having the Exact Same Issue.

The reason I decided to go back to windows 8 was because since upgrading to Windows 10, when my computer goes into sleep mode, I cannot wake it up. I have to press and hold the power button to shut it done and restart. Even if I close my laptop, and reopen the lid, it wont start back up and I have to press and hold the power button and shut it down and restart. 

After trying to restore my HP Envy Laptop from Windows 10 to Windows 8, it got stuck in a Repair PC Loop and I could not even access the desktop, I tried the restore option to an earlier date and that failed and all the repair options also failed. The last option I had was to do a full PC Refresh, and that one worked. It took about an hour but no data was lost, and only a few of my downloaded apps were removed. An html url was left on the desktop that showed a list of all the apps that were removed. So all I did was download those back and now im back up and running Windows 8. 

Top Student
Message 3 of 21 (59,835 Views)

Having exactly the same issue - it is driving me mad. Was contemplating going back to Windows 8, but not so sure after reading last response!

I was able to temporarily fix by dowloading some drivers as per advice found for similar issues with earlier versions on Windows, but only lasted 24 hours, then laptop took it upon itself to restart completely when I was in the middle of doing something, and problem has returned since then

Top Student
Message 4 of 21 (59,802 Views)

I am having the same problem is there a fix yet

Honor Student
Message 5 of 21 (59,790 Views)

Could you provide a link or instructions on how to perform a full PC Refresh?

My computer gets stuck at the Please Wait.. screen and my F9, F10, and F11 keys don't bring me to their corresponding function pages. I  was going to do a system restore but the problem I just described prevents me from doing that so I'm wondering if there is another way to do a PC refresh without logging in as I cannot....

Thanks

Top Student
Message 6 of 21 (59,729 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem. My computer gets stuck in hibernation mode and the only way to resolve the issue is to hold down the power button and restart it. It is quite annoying, as it occassinally causes data loss. This issue only started occuring after the windows 10 update.

I have tried running windows update, hp system update, and intel driver updater. I have all of the latest drivers and nothing has helped so far.

Intern
Message 7 of 21 (59,709 Views)

Top Student
Message 8 of 21 (56,554 Views)

May be due to device drive issue, check below link to find the affected drives and fix the issue

http://www.windowstricks.in/2015/09/windows-10-sleep-mode-not-working-and-unable-to-waking-up-from-s...

Tutor
Message 9 of 21 (51,705 Views)

Here is a sure solution:  

Go to Device Manager > Find System Devices > Click on it and find > Intel (R) Management Engine Interface > Double click> Click on disable. Click ok on the pop-up.

Have no fears, it is not going to affect your system operations. Rather, it will speed up your computer's start-up process, make it wake up from speed and you have your system back.

Tutor
Message 10 of 21 (51,704 Views)

Go to Device Manager > Find System Devices > Click on it and find > Intel (R) Management Engine Interface > Double click> Click on disable. Click ok on the pop-up.

Have no fears, it is not going to affect your system operations. Rather, it will speed up your computer's start-up process, make it wake up from speed and you have your system back.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation