Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Soaringdylan Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Laptop fan running full speed as soon as bios starts up, no CPU tasks with high load running.

HP Pavilion 15-bc035nd (ENERGY
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So lately i've had a few problems with my laptop fans where as soon as I start up the computer one of them just runs at full speed.

Even tho the Laptop it self is not doing any heavy work, nor is hot at all.

In task manager the computer doesn't show any tasks taking up high CPU usage, while HWiNFO tells me one of my two fans are running at full speed.

Any idea what I could do to fix this issue?
If you're missing some info just tell me and i'll hook you right up :)

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12747 819 1369
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

Laptop fan running full speed as soon as bios starts up, no CPU tasks with high load running.

@Soaringdylan

Welcome to HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to help. I understand that the fan inside your HP Pavilion 15-bc035nd  runs at a very high speed. I recommend you to follow the below steps to make sure that the ventilation is right:

1. The laptop needs to be placed always on a flat hard surface.

2. Remove dust and lint by cleaning the vents.

3. Provide at least 15.25 centimeters (6 inches) of clearance around each vent.

4. If the laptop is being used at very high altitudes, above 1500 meters (5000 feet), take extra care to keep the laptop cool. The maximum limit of 35 degrees Celsius (95 degrees Fahrenheit) drops 1 degree Celsius (~34 degrees Fahrenheit) every ~300 meters (1000 feet) of altitude.

If you still experience loud noise from the fan then please refer to this link for further troubleshooting: http://hp.care/2fQ8U0O. Let me know how it goes. Good luck! 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation