Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (533 Views)

Laptop has OCX000021A error, no matter what I have tried won't let me even do a system restore

Product Name: HP 2000
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

Started with blue screen message  "Your PC ran into a problem , we will restart  for you" and the  error code OCX000021A

it

After Hard drive test  of 2 hours get this message -Go to www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup

Hard Drive passed all tests

PC says window or file is locked

Load Boot Up, doesn't read the files I have tried ,on my back up drive, or the USB stick I loaded them on.

I am not sure if it is 32 or 64 bit , this is my nephew's laptop. i took a few pictures of the some of the screens.

I have gotten in to get al the system info , but not sure what someone would need to help ?11925950_892096650827407_651999384_n.jpg

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (497 Views)

Re: Laptop has OCX000021A error, no matter what I have tried won't let me even do a system restore

[ Edited ]

Hi @Bite55 ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP 2000 Notebook and the error message OCX000021A on the screen. Try performing a hard reset.

When performing a hard reset please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices.
You system is a 64 bit.

Here is a link to computer won't start for Windows.

Here is a Video that might help. It shows you how to reseat the HDD, which sometimes helps

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.Smiley Happy

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation