cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Heltrato
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop has a new battery but wont turn on without charging, but it charge in when check in statuss

Hello im having trouble with my laptop that is given to me its a little bit old at least a 2 year.

Its a Hp pavilion dv6 i7 processor and running on Windows 7.

But im having a problem i just got my new battery from Saudi and at first it runs fine but after wards whenever i open my laptop it wont turn on unless i plugged in the charger and when i open it and i check in the bottom right it says charging it it is in 70% ,

Worst part is whenever i unplugg it turns off instantly... Also whenever i play minecraft a few minutes it shutdowns instantly i dont know but i just got this heat sync they call cleaned and repair a few days ago and it is not as hot as the past several days but that instant shutdown still occurs.. 

Please help me this laptop is so fast but that shutdown issues is im worried off. Thank you 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Heltrato
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop has a new battery but wont turn on without charging, but it charge in when check in statuss

BUMP , anyone ?

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 957 2,199
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Heltrato ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. It is a great site for information and questions. I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook and issues with the battery not charging and turning off. Here is a link to calibrate and test the Battery.  Here is a link to troubleshoot the battery on a Notebook. You should be able to complete these with the Notebook plugged into the AC adapter.

You could reset the BIOS with this document selecting the reloading the BIOS default settings. Which has helped others as it restores the default settings and helps with the fans.

The AC adapter is the one that was purchased with the Notebook?

Plug the power adapter directly into a functioning wall outlet. Do not plug it into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source as this could cause and issue.

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
droze123
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problem for me.  Diagnostics say "No Battery Present".  Computer out of warranty; wanted to get info on how to send to HP for servicing (new battery) but person on phone said "Not a Hardware Issue; this is a common problem" and wanted to charge me for phone support. 

I've already updated bios and other drivers...  I dont mind paying for expertise but I don't want to pay for sone to walk me through fixes I've already done without fixing it...

Does HP have any Authorized Tech Centers where I can send the computer to have it fixed?  9I don't think it is a software issue...)

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation