Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jeffg1208 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop has a stuck key

My HP Envy dv6-7210us is typing the letter "p" continuosly.  I am not able to stop it.  Pressed the "p" key repeatedly to try and clear it.  Re-booted the laptop and now not able to log in because it keps typing the letter "p" in the password box.

This laptop is only 8 months old.  How can I stop this and fix?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
r-g-m Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop has a stuck key

I have the same problem (with the same letter) on my Envy dv7--did you get a fix for yours?

0 Kudos
peet1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop has a stuck key

I'm replying to an ancient post just to say that this is a real thing. The P was not physically stuck in any way.

The P would only begin typing after the bios.  it also typed even after uninstalling the keyboard AS WELL AS booted to an Ubuntu live CD!

The only solution was to pull the battery for a bit and restart.

After that, all better.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation