Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Christian_89 Honor Student
Honor Student
1 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop making a crackling noise

HP-Notebook-ba009dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So when i got my laptop the sound wasnt that bad i though ehh its just some out of the box sounds itll go away, no its gotten worse. So i decided to ask my dad and he said its just the hard drive working and then i look on the webistes and ive seen someone saying its the processor idling and that when you do more activity it goes which in my case is kinda true it almost goes away it just gets alittle quieter and slower, the sound is coming from the right side of my laptop and its like it almost sounds like a disk drive starting kinda thats the closest thing i can compare it to..

2 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16475 1325 2284
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Christian_89

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out :)

As I understand the Laptop making a crackling noise,

Don't worry as I have a few steps that should help:

• Updating your Notebook computer BIOS
  • Keeping notebook air vents clear and clean
  • Increasing the efficiency of the notebook to reduce heat
  • Using Windows Task Manager to identify corrupt processes
  • Selecting power saves settings to shut off your computer when it is not in use

For more details: Click here

And here's a related post that has helped others with similar issues: Click here
(though the header is different, the steps will help fix the issue).

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
110 2 9
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

you are not alone i have this sound too i7 skylake 6700HQ 16GB ram SSD and yes sound is comming form cpu related to intel speedstep . Then power is changing we have this sound changing to less loud or more loud. I have provided directly for intel many proves about this problem and theeir wrote me that they agree and this could be an issue and we should contact manufacturer for replacement or other solution, but as i see all HP assitants to this problem in many this forum posts under different names gives the same stupid answer, i got it as well.  So basicly no reason to write here you should contact your pc resseller or HP warranty services.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation