cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
DonDada Top Student
Top Student
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop randomly switches off

hp 650
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Starting about two weeks ago, my laptgop started randomly switching off while using it. Sometimes the screen goes haywire with random colors and lines before switchign off and sometimes the screen just goes dark. The laptop restarts iutself after two/three seconds but the screen remains dark and i either have to long press the power button to switch it off or remove the battery. 

Please assist with the problem. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,282 18,956 1,579 2,639
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Attempt to perform a hard reset to remove all the excess static using:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768

after this step,

i  recommend checking the wall outlet, the light on the charger port (ensure it isn't blinking), attempt to boot to bios using F10 while the pc is restarted, if the issue persists, contact HP on 1800-474-6836 in order to get a repair setup as you could be looking at a motherboard failure.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
DonDada Top Student
Top Student
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Will this option erase all my drivers? Becasue i don't have a steady internet connection thus can't afford to lose my drivers. 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, this will NOT make any changes to your drivers OR the internet connections.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
DonDada Top Student
Top Student
6 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

it hasnt worked

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please try accessing the BIOS using F10 while restarting the pc, if you are on BIOS and the pc shutsdown, you will need to contact hp on the number provided earlier as it could be a motherboard failure.

if the pc is on bios and it doesn't shutdown randomly, please run a test using:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation