cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jawadhameed
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop turns off instantly when unplugged

HP ENVY 15t-j000 Quad Edition
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi,

For the past few days I have been facing a problem where my laptop will suddenly turn off when unplugged.

Notebook details are mentioned below.
Product Name: HP ENVY 15t-j000 Quad Edition CTO Notebook PC
Produnct Number: C8P47AAR

My battery was running well previously and a sudden failure doesnt make sense. Anyways thinking it was a bettery issue I searched the forums and ran diagnostics on my battery and they turned out to be okay. The diagnostic reports are attached below.

HP Battery Check

Capture.PNG

UEFI Report

Capture_1.JPG

I dont know whats causing this issue and where to go from here. Any help will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Allan-Thomas
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop turns off instantly when unplugged

I'm getting the same thing on my Envy 15-k240tx (L8N51PA#ABG). My battery was around 20-25% about 10 minutes ago and it suddenly powers off and I'm able to press the power button and get the thing to boot before I put the power cable in (i.e. it still has charge in the batteries but some how the stupid thing decided to turn off).

I did recently change the battery on the laptop and it was happening at the 35-45% charge mark with the old battery (I think it had charged 500 odd times) and with the new battery it's now happening in the 15-25% charge mark so I know mine is somehow linked to the battery but I'm not quite sure what is going on with it.

If it was some sort of shorting with the hardware it would happen randomly (i.e. why not 80% charge and it powers off) and the sudden power off 10 minutes ago happened after being on for about 30 minutes. Other times I've drained the battery to 20%, charged it back up and then drained it back down to nothing again and then it powers off when I walk away from my desk for a few minutes 😞 so it has definately been working for hours and hours without issue.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation