Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 16-ba016AU Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Laptop just arrived yesterday, which is when I first opened it and began setting it up. So it is brand new. 
It was updating yesterday but I am unsure if it was still updating or not when I left it overnight, it was also not left to charge overnight. I am unsure whether or not leaving it updating and not charging, unaware, would result in it not being able to turn back on. I have already tried taking the battery out and holding down the power button and then putting the battery back. and also taking the battery out, holding down the power button for a minute and then plugging in the charger. none of this has worked. the only sign of life was the battery light was white but the screen still didn't turn on.
beforehand, when the charger was plugged in while the battery was still in, the light remains red without the screen on. I have only had this computer a day. any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@AIMEEKOPEKE wrote:

(...) when I left it overnight, it was also not left to charge overnight. I am unsure whether or not leaving it updating and not charging, unaware, would result in it not being able to turn back on.(...)

Hello!

Welcome to the HP Support forum

Yes, if left without AC power (not connected to the power supply), it will shut down due to no power.

Please, review this HP official trubleshooting articles about such issues you experience now >  http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=NoPowerorBootIssues.net&section=ccweb&as=true&SFS=tdoc&langu...

Follow the appropriate steps that fit your case to attempt to fix the issue:

If the issue does not change and the PC still does not turn on, please contact the reseller (or HP) , return the computer and ask for a replacement PC.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.