Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a Hp pavilion dv6700 series (dv6840el) and it just won't boot without the battery attached.

If i plug the AC adapter, i get some computer activity (fan, dvd drive noise and HD drive spins) for about 5 seconds and then shuts down.

Once i plug the battery (which is dying, needing a replacement), the laptop boots fine.

So, my question is: is this a motherboard or an AC adapter issue?

The AC adapter seems ok, though. But if i'm considering to buy a spare battery, i must make sure that i don't need a new AC adapter as well.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

hi

check this Link

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?tmp_rule=61317&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&d...=

Good Luk

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

hi

check this Link

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?tmp_rule=61317&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&d...=

Good Luk

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for your prompt reply and attention.

I've been through that page and i will try it again!

Thank you very much!

HP Recommended

check this out if still having problem just let me know

HP Recommended

Thanks once again for your kind attention!

The procedure consisted of plugging the AC adapter and pressing the Power button.

I tried many times during the day, like twice an hour, and got the same result: lights powering on, hd spinning, fan noise for about 5 seconds and then it would shut itself off.

Just tried the exact same ritual right now and BANG! IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any ideas of the real explanation??

Anyway, i've just booted 4 times since then and it seems ok.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

might b the static electricity

HP Recommended

Thank you, Master!!!!

You saved my day!!!!!

Best Regards.

HP Recommended

i m Not a master ... You did a good job ..you have lot of passions

GooD Daaay,:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

can some one tell me what that link says as when i follow it is is in chinese...!!!!

what do you have to do to correct the charging..Thanks

Mine is a HP DV3 2055EA And i cannot boot without a battery with charge in it....

HP Recommended

Hello Radicaldoc,

I see that you are having problems with charging the battery on the computer. I would like to help with this issue but I need some information.

Can you provide the model and product number of the computer? Here is a link that shows how to find that information.

What kind of error messages are you receiving?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.