Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Ben26 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop won't sleep when the lid is closed

Pavilion g7
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have a Pavilion g7 series laptop.  I just pulled it apart to replace the fan, and now when I close the lid the laptop no longer goes to sleep.  I did not make any changes in the power options, so I assume I didn't get the laptop reassembled correctly after replacing the fan.  What makes the laptop know the lid is closed to sleep, and where do I look to make sure I get it put back together correctly?  Thanks!!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7692 420 574
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop won't sleep when the lid is closed

@Ben26, welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that your HP Pavilion g7 notebook does not go to sleep mode when the lid is closed.

Don't worry as I have a few steps that should help fix this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)

Let me know how that works.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation