cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ROLWTech
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Laptopn Pavilion Video problems, LCD screen is double , disorted

HP Recommended

My Video in my Laptop Pavilion screen is double and distorted and difficult to read. This problem happened slowly over time. When the computer first starts to the XP Logo or when in

DOS. ..now when in boots in Windows, it is distorted and has a double screen and the laptop is not usable to view. To troubleshoot to see its major problem I plug the laptop into external LCD HP Monitor and gives me the same results.

It now the computer shuts down with blue screen.

Now the question is...what would be a good fix to get the computer working again or is it worth repairing?

IMG_0332.JPG

IMG_0328.JPG

IMG_0330.JPG

1 REPLY 1
Great-Deku-Tree
Retired
Retired
3,544 3,390 221 573
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @ROLWTech ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I see the video output on your notebook is on the fritz!

The fact that the display presents the issue before the operating system has loaded tells us there is a hardware problem. The drivers have yet to be loaded at this point so safe mode and reinstalling drivers or Windows would be pointless.

You're most likely looking at an issue with the GPU or inverter. Both of these require extensive repairs to the motherboard and it would be best for you to contact HP Phone Support for repair quotes. It is possible that repairing the motherboard isn't financially worth it depending on your budget and your personal discretion.

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the following link to get the support number for your region: Phone Assist Worldwide.

Thanks! 🙂

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Tags (1)
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation