Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Awell Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Left Side Hinge Plastic Casing Piece Broken and Right Side Lid Hinge Attachment Broken

HP Pavilion m6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Model:  HP Pavilion m6 Notebook PC 15".   Laptop used minimally and still in beautiful shape other than these noted issues:  Left hinge is broken away from plastic casing (see pic) and Right hinge is broken away from lid plastic (see pic).   From what I'm reading, it seems the plastic base, chassis, and possibly lid base and hinge need replaced.  Please let me know what HP is offering as far as replacement parts and repair.  This seems to be an ongoing issue with HP notebooks.  I've purchased a total of three HP notebook/laptops over the past four years so I'm very concerned about these issues and why HP has allowed it to continue for so long and across so many different models.  It seems to me the plastic used in making these parts does not have the tensile strength required in notebook/laptop use.  I would think this issue would've been corrected years ago and not have continued.  Please advise.  I do love all my HP laptops other than these issues.   Thank you.

HP Left Side Laptop Issue.JPG

HP Laptop Right Side Issue.JPG

1 REPLY
7941 119 575
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Left Side Hinge Plastic Casing Piece Broken and Right Side Lid Hinge Attachment Broken

@Awell

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation