Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
cornflake82 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Left hinge broke from bottom casing

M6-n015dx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

We have been having an issue for the past few months with the left hinge getting very stiff and hard to open and close the screen. Over the holiday break I was finishing up my college coursework, and went to shut down the laptop and noticed the silver bezel around the power button bulged. I started to close the lid to look around the back and bottom of the laptop, when I heard a snapping sound and the bottom casing just popped off in the corner! The screw stripped out and the hinge was exposed as well as the fan.  I am a certified in A+, Network+, and Security + , and have never seen the quality of workmanship so poor for such an important part of an expensive item! This is my second HP (the old still going strong with no issues) and I love both of these machines, just disappointed in the workmanship... any way to get this fixed?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired danny-r
Retired
8251 7100 141 469
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Left hinge broke from bottom casing

@cornflake82

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation