Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Oheyson Top Student
Top Student
2 0 2
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Left touchpad button doesn't work when the keyboard is in use.

Hello,

The left button on my Synaptics Touchpad doesn't work when I'm pressing a key on the keyboard. Initially, I thought it was a PalmCheck problem, but that feature was already disabled. The right click works fine and so does the touchpad itself. The only problem is the left button.

I tried reinstalling an updated driver, but that didn't fix the problem. I tried the generic Synaptics driver and both the HP Windows 8 and 8.1 versions. They all worked fine for all touchpad functions except for the left button which still doesn't work when I'm pressing a keyboard key.

I tried using a wireless mouse and the left click worked fine so the problem is only with the touchpad.

8 REPLIES
Ayan1232014 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same thing for me too, and I really want it fixed. I'm using an HP Pavillion Windows 8.1 Laptop, and using the same TouchPad as you. Kudos for you!

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
394 38 153
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

I would like to assist with resolving this issue. The first step that I recommend is to perform all HP updates and Windows updates through HP Support Assistant. Click here for assistance.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, please post back with the model/product number from your HP notebook. Click here for assistance.

Best regards,

I worked on behalf of HP.
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, but it didn't resolve the issue. I'll give you my product name along with my serial number right now (I saw this information from HP Support Assistant): Product name: HP Pavilion Sleekbook 14 PC. Serial number: {Personal Information Removed} .

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
394 38 153
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Ayan1232014,

Follow the steps below to hopefully resolve the issue:

1. Open Device Manager.
  2. Look for "Synaptics Pointing Device" or something similar and open that list.
  3. Uninstall what is listed in there. Do not restart the computer yet.
  4. Download and install the following Synaptics TouchPad Driver: sp62072.exe

Let me know if this works!

Thank you Smiley Happy

I worked on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
Oheyson Top Student
Top Student
2 0 2
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Okay, I figured out why the button wasn't working. It wasn't a driver issue. It was because of the 8.1 update which reset the touchpad settings and has its own Palmcheck option. If updating software doesn't work for you, then this might be your problem.

1.  Move mouse right side of the screen to view pop up menu.
  2. Click Settings.
  3. Click Change PC Settings.
  4. Click PC and Devices.
  5. Click Mouse and Touchpad.
  6. Underneath Touchpad, select No Delay from the drop down menu.

That should do it.

Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks! It worked! But in a game when i am spam left-clicking, I can't move around (in first-person view). To do it, I have to press down on my touchpad alot. I'll look into that...

0 Kudos
hphphphp50 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

All these suggestions are a waste of time if it's a physical problem with the micoswitch underneath the left click key.

You can replace the LS-A992P touchpad board for about $15.

LS-A992P

0 Kudos
Matin0231 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thank you very much "Oheyson"

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation