cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
shashtheash95 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Linux Support for hp 15-af008ax

15-af008ax
Linux

I am looking forward to buying an HP 15-af008ax for a friend. I am trying to figure out if the device is compatible with Ubuntu.  I plan on making a dual-boot system with windows 10 and Ubuntu. 

Has someone on this forum used Ubuntu/Any Other Linux OS on this laptop? How was your experience with regards to drivers and features?

If not, could someone tell me what the exact model numbers for the bluetooth and network cards for this device are? In fact, a detailed specification sheet would be great.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Murali1609 Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 1
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i purchased this laptop 2 days back, and i installed only Ubuntu 16.04 it is working fine.

i am facing issues with wifi.. some times it is very solw and some simtes it is not working.

and i am not sure, whether i need to install any additional drivers for it.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
41,656 40,093 6,274 10,906
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same issue. Using kate or other text editor you need to set the wifi regulatory domain, which is blank by default.

sudo kate /etc/default/crda
REGDOMAIN=US

x

0 Kudos
Murali1609 Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i updated as

REGDOMAIN=IN   as i am in india. stil its not better.

I have one small USB wifi adaptor, it is plug and play. its working great for me.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation