cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Loading Screen takes forever to load after Laptop goes to sleep

HP Recommended
Notebook - 15-an007tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there! 

This is my first submission but I have a question about my latop.

This is a brand new HP laptop I bought only a few months ago, which already had Windows 10 installed.

Everything seems to be running perfectly, to it's expected standards, however when my computer goes to sleep after a few minutes of inactive use; once I 'awaken' the laptop, the loading screen pops up with the turning dotted wheel. 

This screen lasts for quite a long time, in fact too long, and really; I cannot access my laptop so I have to restart/shutdown the system by holding the power botton. This happen everytime my laptop falls asleep.

Please help!

Sincerely,

Jack

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 714 1,910
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI @Jacklv1,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

This is a wonderful location to converse with  the community, get assistance and find tips. For you to have a rewarding experience, I would like to include the following link for your perusal and reference. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that you are experiencing a difficulty with your notebook waking from sleep mode. Have you done all your Windows updates? You could also try running the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Here is a link to the  Windows Update Troubleshooter. Open the Windows update troubleshooter as it may help find additional drivers. It should lead to a forced update of Windows that may not be automatically applied, that could help resolve this issue.  Have you run the HP Support Assistant  to aid with any HP updates? Here is a link to HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 😎 that should help. You could also try turning off the fast startup option.  Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 (from tenforums.com).

Please let me know the outcome.

Good Luck!

Thank you  for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution to help other community  members!

To say thanks for the assistance, please click the “Thumbs Up Icon” below.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation