Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Associate Professor
Message 1 of 420 (58,810 Views)

Lockups and Bluescreens ? we are here to help

[ Edited ]

UPDATED !! 8--9-2012 - New Link and MSDT combined with ImageDiags 

Attention:

If you are experiencing Blue/ Black screen errors or TDRs ( Timeout detection recovery ) on your Notebooks we are here to help !   

Example : Your video graphics driver reports it has stopped working and then restarts.

You can run MSDT ( Microsoft Support Diagnostic Tool ) which is combined with our imagediags tool and supply us with your computer name and we will analyze and respond to you with some suggestions or fixes.

If you would like to participate here are the instructions: 

To help us better diagnose the problem, below is the link to the FTP site with the SW Image diagnostic tool.  Please download ImageDiags.exe to your Windows Desktop, run the exe from your windows desktop, and it will create a log file when it completes on your desktop or in the folder you ran it from.  I think you should be able to click either of the FTP access links below to open this site in your browser and download the file. 

FTP Access:       

ftp://ftp.usa.hp.com/            or:      

ftp://15.192.32.78/

Host:                    ftp.usa.hp.com  (15.192.32.78)

Username:         image

Password:         SWDiags0  (NOTE: CASE-sensitive)

Otherwise please download a tool like Filezilla FTP Client and use the settings below to access the FTP site and download the ImageDiags.exe tool.  Filezilla can be obtained from this sourceforge link.  http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla/files/FileZilla_Client/3.5.3/FileZilla_3.5.3_win32-setup.e...

Filezilla settings 

**Important**

Please email the log file this tool creates back to OCATeam@hp.com.

HP sincerely appreciates your business and we apologize for the inconvenience this matter may have caused.

Thanks,
HP Online Crash Analysis Team

I am an HP employee.

" Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button. Thanks!"
I am an HP employee.

"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"
Tutor
Message 2 of 420 (58,542 Views)

Re: Lockups and Bluescreens ? we are here to help

I type in the support key but the wizard returns an error and wont continue

Tutor
Message 3 of 420 (58,513 Views)

this support key wont work for me either

Tutor
Message 4 of 420 (58,506 Views)

It's frustrating as I've only had this 4 months and it crashs quite a bit, what's it going to be like if I have it around longer?!

Intern
Message 5 of 420 (58,422 Views)

[ Edited ]

Its telling mi unknown error was happened... key don't work !!!!!!!!!!!!! its randomly crashing since i got this computer 6munth ago,please fix this!!!

THE ERORR IS - 0xC00CE509 !!!

Student
Message 6 of 420 (58,381 Views)

Support key does not work, what a waste of time. Why can't Microsoft just do the diagnostics? Why do HP not supply them?

Tutor
Message 7 of 420 (58,250 Views)

Can't access  blk screen

Tutor
Message 8 of 420 (58,120 Views)

I have a compaq lapyop model c784tu that starts up and allows me to sign in and loads my page correctly but after that it stops working the second I try to click on any program (i.e.. word, or internet explorer). I have to forcefully shut it down and then it allows me to start and use all programs in safe mode and I was wondering what this meant?

Top Student
Message 9 of 420 (58,081 Views)

Hi,

The upload keeps failing, tries for long time then returns error, any advice or alternative upload location?

Regards, Fernando.

Student
Message 10 of 420 (57,573 Views)

I have been haven issues with my dv5-1002nr blue screening on my for months. I finally got the recovery disks from HP. Now I can't get it to stop BSing on me to even get the disks through all the way. I get about half way on the second disk and it blue screens. I've gotten 0x0000008E. 0x00000050, and 0x00000018. I need help. Thank you. Windows Vista.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation