Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jkbarth Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Long DST Failed on Hard Drive

I received an error message indicating a Hard Disk Error, in which I was instructed to run the Hard Disk Test in System Diagnostics.   The exact error was:

HARD DISK 1 (3F1)

I then ran the Smart Check of which it passed.  I then proceeded to run the Long DST of which it failed after about 30 min with the following error:

Failure ID:  PLPNXF-6T870H-MFGJWK-61F603

Product ID:  E0K76UA#ABA

HARD DRIVE 1

I just bought this machine brand new on Dec 22, 2013.  Based on the error above it seems that the hard drive has some serious issues and may need to be replaced.  I should be under warranty since it is less than 30 days old.   If anyone knows what that error means and possible solutions to it that would be great.

Other information:  The laptop is an HP 2000 Notebook PC with a Core i3 processor.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
102406 14255 21906
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The hard drive has definitely conked out on you and needs to be replaced and the operating system reinstalled.

Contact HP technical support and file a claim under warranty to get the drive replaced.

Tell them all the steps you have taken thus far and the errors reported.

Also, make sure they send you a set of recovery media with the replacement hard drive, or all you will get is a blank hard drive.

0 Kudos
vinodsuthar Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I received an error message indicating a Hard Disk Error, in which I was instructed to run the Hard Disk Test in System Diagnostics. The exact error was:
HARD DISK 1 (3F1)

I then ran the Smart Check of which it passed. I then proceeded to run the Long DST of which it failed after about 30 min with the following error:
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation