cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bbiiaannccaa
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Lose all my flies - PLEASE HELP

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a Hp550 Pavilion Laptop, I think my computer had a virus and it shut down incorrectly. After this a flashing underscore appeared. I took it to a computer store and the gentlemen said it was not fixable due a damaged hard drive and said the virus had wiped my files and damaged my hard drive. He tried using Wintec to recover. 

I put my operating system cd to try and repair the problem (as I saw it mention online), but it can not find my windows or local disk files to repair from. Even when searching on the hp recovery back up appears to be empty.

Please anyone who would know how to fix this problem  please help, I have 7 years worth of files on there including student work 😞 just want my flies back.

I have no clues about computers so as simple as possible please 🙂

Bianca x

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
bbiiaannccaa
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Just did a start up check and it is now saying hard disk 1 failed. So I am guessing that means it's unrecoverable and I need a new hard drive.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation