Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 3 (147 Views)

Lost Recovery Manager

Product Name: HP Pavilion notebook M2W78PA#A
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have lost hp recovery manager from drive, i want a copy of recovery manager for windows 8.1. please help as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 3 (102 Views)

Re: Lost Recovery Manager

@rahul251

Hey there as you mentioned in the post that you have lost recovery manager from your computer.

I am sorry to tell you that but i think that the recovery partition on your computer has got deleted. And there is no way to rebuild the recovery partition unless you have created a set of recovery discs.

If you have created the recovery discs then you can use the recovery discs to restore computer back to factory settings and it should create a recovery partition.

OR

You can contact HP and buy a set of recovery discs to restore the HP Image.

Hope this answers your query.

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

Provost
Message 3 of 3 (101 Views)

Re: Lost Recovery Manager

rahul251

The site is experiencing problems right now, so I can't find the model number of your PC based on the code you entered.

So, you mention Win10 but you are asking for Recovery Manager for Win8.1 -- which leads me to believe that what you are trying to do is use that to restore back to Win8.1 from the current Win10 on your laptop.

And, that will not work -- because the Win10 Upgrade corrupts the Recovery information: HP Recovery Manager Blocked After Windows 10 Upgrade - HP Support Forum - 5170752

What will work is using HP Recovery Media.  You can use this information to see if it is available for your PC: HP PCs - Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive | HP® Customer Support

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation