cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Lost Wireless Ability

Have not had previous problems and out of the clear blue, my wireless light remains "amber" in both the on and off position.  There is no ability to have a wireless connection.  I have a HP Pavilion 9000 series.  I have downloaded NVidia N-Force and G-Force drivers and Broadcom Wireless Drivers.  Also, have gone through the BIOS update process.  Still nothing has helped.  Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 2
29 29 0 1
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Lost Wireless Ability

can you provided us detail about your computer?? model number, type of operating system, router that you use. and antivirus
0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Lost Wireless Ability

I have an HP Pavilion dv9429us with Windows Vista and a Broadcom Wireless card. My router is a Netgear WGR614.  I have since gone out and bought an external wireless card as I really needed to return to being wireless.  Having to sit on the floor "hard wired" to my modem was very inconvenient.  Thanks for any suggestions you may have.  I am wondering if something that the Vista Service Pak 2 loaded may have triggered this???  I downloaded that on a Friday night and lost my wireless by Wednesday night. Otherwise maybe the wireless card just went bad???  Thanks.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Lost Wireless Ability

I am using Norton Antivirus too.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Lost Wireless Ability

I have also lost wireless functions. I have a Pavilion dv6000. The wireless light remains amber no matter if the switch is set to enabled or not. Please help!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
83 83 2 11
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Lost Wireless Ability

Maybe cover by HP. LINK: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01300427
Specializing in Microsoft Windows.....Supporting all major OEMs including HP
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Lost Wireless Ability

HP states I am eligible for a free enhancement.  Do you know if there is a way to locate a local person that would do the work for HP instead of the mail-in option?  I really can't afford to have my laptop gone for a week or so.......Thanks
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation