Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
heartlight Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Lost games on windows 7.

Probook 4540
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Win 10 upgrade failed and I tried to restore my Win 7 from CD from hp.   No games were installed.  Why?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
14015 1324 3140
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Lost games on windows 7.

heartlight

I'd like to help you with your problem but I'm having difficulties with what you said.

The HP Recovery Media for Win7 is NOT a CD, but instead, a set of DVDs (usually 3) and a separate Drivers CD.

The full set of DVDs will reformat your drive and reinstall, not only the OS, but also all the drivers, the HP utilities, and everthing else that came preinstalled on your PC.

If all you used was a single CD, that would not have worked to recover your PC.

So please explain, in more detail, what you did.

We can proceed once you provide the information.

Thanks

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
heartlight Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Lost games on windows 7.

I did use the DVD to reinstall but the games that came on the laptop did not load.  I even ran the DVD's twice and the same result.   Some one said tht the games were not part of the reinstall DVD's and I could not find an answer.   Now MS is demanding that I install Win10 and that started all my troubles. 

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
14015 1324 3140
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Lost games on windows 7.

If you bought the PC from a reseller, they are the ones that installed MS Office, not HP, and you would have to contact them to get MS Office back.  The recovery media from HP normally does not include extras like MS Office.

As to MS demaning to install Win10, you can prevent that by using Never10:  GRC | Never10  

========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution" -- to help others find the solution.
========================================================================

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation