Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook

Hello again,

my parents bought a HP Elitebook in Dubai on a business trip last year.

As they barely used it and swiched to Apple computers last december they gave it to me as kind of a christmas present.

It works perfectly fine and there is no reason to claim warranty so far. But i asked my mother if they had the receipt and she seems to have no idea where it could be. It is not in their "receipt storage" where they usually keep all receipts for electronics and expensive stuff.

Now i checked the warranty status for this notebook and it is covered under warranty till June 2018. They must have chosen the extra long warranty i guess. (?)

Now i just want to find out, if there is any chance that this warranty is still "valid", if we can not find the receipt.
It would be such a waste of this nice warranty. Again,.. i do not want to claim any warranty service. I hope this nice notebook will just keep running for decades, like many of our other computers are doing. 

This is a "just in case" question.

Thanks for help in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The warranty follows the laptop. If you have possession of it HP will provide whatever warranty service is due. That may be complicated if you bought it in Dubai but now live somewhere else and try to get service there. The only way you need the receipt is if HP is showing the end date of the warranty to be sooner than you think and you want to prove the date of purchase. Glad to hear it is working fine now. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

Sir ihad purchase my hp laptop serial no.[Personal Information Removed] in dubai..due to short circuit i came to know that my charging port was damaged .. they wont me to produce my receipt but unfortunately im unable to find . So i want to know wheather there is some procedure to get the said prdyct of receipt.. as failing which my product would be just a waste
Help me in this regard.
Thanking you in anticipation.
Wangdi tamang

HP Recommended

How did you pay for it? Where did you buy it? I mean the specific store or outlet?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.