cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
hassen412 Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Loud fan noise in my HP Pavilion 15 p144ne Laptop

HP Pavilion 15 p144ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello. I bought my laptop last year March 2015 and it is working fine. But in April 4 2016 I heared a loud fan noise and I just restart my laptop then the sound is gone. Yesterday, that happened again. Then a while ago, I turned my laptop on then I heared that sound again. I restart my laptop, then nothing happened the loud fan noise is still there. I know it is not normal because it is very loud. Please help me. I got very important files on my laptop. Im scared to turn it on again or something might happen. Help.
Thank you.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
hassen412 Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

And also, can I ask what cause the problem? Sometimes if it gets hot, i have a cooling fan.
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
1,111 1,006 54 138
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @hassen412,

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

I have read your post and understand that the fan is very noisy on your HP Pavilion - 15-p144ne. I want to help you resolve this issue.

Please begin troubleshooting with a hard reset. Once that is complete, follow these troubleshooting documents that are related to the fan:

HP Notebook PCs - Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal

HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating

HP Notebook PCs - System Fan (90b) error message on startup

I look forward to your reply with the results!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
hassen412 Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A vacuum cleaner did the job. Thanks
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
1,111 1,006 54 138
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @hassen412,

No problem! Don't hesitate to post on the forums if you have any other concerns.

Have a great day!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
hassen412 Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ok so yesterday, when i started my laptop, it was like normal. when i play the game "minecraft" the fan is spinning fast (not noisy but i can hear a *woosh*) then slow then fast then slow if in high performance. this never happened to me only yesterday. im only playing games in power saving mode which causes my fram rate in my game.

anyone knows how to fix? thank you

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation