Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY M7-U009dx

Does this laptop has m.2 sata slot. I'm very confused kindly help me as the manual says it has hp live chat says it has but some user on hp forum said that it doesn't have any m2 sata slot. Kindly i need urgent reply.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

From the manual:

Solid-state drive Support for next generation form factor (NGFF), M.2 solid-state drive Support for the following solid-state drives: ● 512-MB, M.2, SATA solid-state drive supporting triple-level cell (TLC) ● 256-MB, M.2, SATA solid-state drive supporting TLC

Link to Manual

See p. 26 of the Manual. You can see the light outline of the M.2 gumstick drive in its slot to the left of the dark outline of the battery. It is SATA M.2 only, not PCIe/NVME. The hard drive is above and to the right of the battery so you can have an M.2 disk and a 2.5 inch hard drive or SATA SSD in the laptop at the same time. 

Is that urgent enough for you? I will say we have seen where some users have reported a blank space at the supposed location of the M.2 slot. Not sure that was your model. In other words, talk is cheap, you have to open up and look to be 100% sure.

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended
How can i be sure about the slot without opening it because i still have 2 days to return the laptop
HP Recommended

X-ray maybe. Officially it has the slot so without opening it that is the best info you will get anywhere. We have just had a few Users send us pictures showing a blank place there. 

HP Recommended
Would x ray damage its hdd and battery?
HP Recommended

No but I was joking. Where would you have it xrayed? 

HP Recommended
My friend own's a radiolgy lab
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.