cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ukha Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MODEL NUMBER: CQ57-301EO

presario CQ57
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, i Would like to upgread my laptop, i wish to increase Processor speed and Graphics, my laptop specification is, Model Number: CQ57-301EO. Right now it has Processor: AMD E-300 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.30GHz. And RAM: 4.00GB. Could you please guide me. Looking forward to hear from you soon.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
75543 75428 9234 19915
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The following link shows specs of your computer:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03052401

Only one thing you can upgrade: RAM. Please use the following manual (page 45) to get more information, part number and how to add/replace RAM:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02948186.pdf

You can upgrade CPU and video because BGA processors, like this one, are soldered on a motherboard, as a result, upgrading or replacing them is extremely difficult or you have to replace motherboard. Buying new machine could be cheaper.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Provost Provost
Provost
39240 39055 6041 10514
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think @banhien meant to say you can't upgrade because your processor is soldered to the motherboard. the CQ57 series was designed to be an entry level doorbuster special and if your needs have moved past it you just need to buy a new laptop. The idea of major upgrades to an entry level laptop is just not economically viable.  

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation