cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
RobertMcD
Level 1
10 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

MS WORKS SUITE 2005 program disc will not load in Windows 10 in my HP Pav. laptop

HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

MS WORKS SUITE 2005 program disc will not load in Windows 10 in my HP Pav. laptop ,But will load & work in my ASUS desktop

I have a number of WORKS .wdb files I use often. When I got my HP Pavilion laptop I try to load my original MS WORKS SUITE 2005 program disc & It wouldn't load. I tried everything But the disc spins awhile then stops. I researched it here & got all comments that WORKS won't work with Windows 10 Home. So I gave up & used a old computer with XP on it to run my files. WAS A PAIN with 2 computers. WORKS worked fine in XP. 

Now I bought a new computer for a desktop with a tower. It is a ASUS M32 with Windows 10 Home also. Same program as the HP laptop. I'm running everything as a duplicate: same virus/malware protection, same browsers, same files, same pics & music. Two Identical desktops. Since some out there in MS community said they had no problems with running WORKS in Windows 10, I thought I'd try my MS program disc in it. Loaded & works just perfect, Just like the XP computer. I can work on any .wdb files & no issues at all. So I went back to the HP laptop to try again. It WILL NOT WORK. I tried putting the disc in, It spins but doesn't show up. I tried to check the registry for Lower & Upper filters (there are none). I tried to copy all the files from the disc in the other computer & bring them over on a flash drive & put them on the desktop. It will not AUTORUN or run as Adm. 

This much I know is that WORKS WILL work in Windows 10 Home just fine. It is that HP that won't work. The disc drive will burn a disc. Play a DVD movie or CD. It's not a bad drive, It's set up in BIOS. It knows it's there & see itself fine. Doesn't need a driver. BUT it cannot run that MS WORKS program disc. (It is a original--not a copy--& I have the key codes on the box). Can Anyone Please help? Tell me WHY ? The other answer I heard was to buy another External drive w/ a USB plug & feed it that way. But I think the drive isn't the problem. What do you think?

Any Help ? 

Robert

1 REPLY 1
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,809 93,466 12,282 26,113
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Where is the source which indicates Works 2005 works with Windows 10 ? From MS forum, Works suite 2005 stopped working from Windows 7 unless running as compaibility mode

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/will-works-suite-2005-w...

Users confirmed Works suite 2006 works with Windows 10:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10/will-works-suite-2006-be-compatible-wit...

Please try:

https://archive.org/details/MicrosoftWorksSuite2006USDVD.7z

Note: I would not recommend to install old software on new computers.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation