cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
nixkix Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Make my Stream 13 usable, no space, can't restore error codes

Stream 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
As you know the 32sdd is full by the time the Microsoft OS updates. I did upgrade to Windows 10 (no easy feat), literally have no programs loaded (no space), and that's after i removed as much as possible of the bloatware that came on this pc. I never store files on C drive (no space). I use the 64sd card and an external usb hdd for everything (i have no choice). I'm constantly getting messages that i have no disc space.

In trying to figure a way to get more space i wanted to "system restore" back to factory condition; put the OS back to Windows 8.1, which should be in the recovery partition, right? however, i cannot access this function because it gives me an Error code: 0xc0000225.
Before that i tried to create a restore point, but that didn't work because a window popped up that said: "the specified object was not found: 0x80042308" it has never worked since upgrading to W10.

What am i supposed to do? This pc is virtually useless to me. How is it that 27Gbs+ of my internal 32Gbs are used on essentially the basic operating system? With no room for even one program? Not even Microsoft Word.

My main concern is that WHEN this system is no longer operable, as it nearly is now, how will i be able to restore it?

All i want to do is write on the computer, and occasionally surf the web, but i cannot even load my software!!!

Help!
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Professor
Professor
1,834 1,569 133 306
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After upgrading to Windows 10, the 7 GB Windows 8.1 recovery partition on the eMMC storage device is no longer accessible, you cannot restore from it now.  You would need the USB recovery media to restore, if you did not create it prior to the upgrade, it could be ordered from HP.

You could also wipe the eMMC device clean and do a fresh installation of Windows 10 using the downloadable installation media available from Microsoft, this would provide around 19 GB free on the C: drive following the installation. Instructions are here.

0 Kudos
nixkix Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Okay, those instructions are a bit convoluted, but i have no choice. Microsoft has been stuck trying to update and cannot because i have no space.

QUESTION: will a fresh install remove all the games and crap that came with the original install?

I just want the OS and basic file viewing apps.
0 Kudos
Professor
Professor
1,834 1,569 133 306
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The fresh install will just be Windows 10 from Microsoft with no add-on software from HP if that is what you are asking.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation