cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Makes noise, heats unbearably, fan spins fast and makes a spinning noise

HP Recommended
Spectre 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi, I have spectre 360 with 7th Gen i7, 13 inch. it is making a loud noise when the fan is spinning and heats so fast. the heat is unbearable in the left side of the laptop. i bought it just 7 days ago..
Can someone help please?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,517
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@NewaJosep

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂

I understand that you have an HP Spectre x360 laptop and a loud noise appears from the fan and it overheats. I'd like to assist you with this case.

I would like to know if any changes (hardware or software) took place on the laptop after which this issue may have started. Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Power off the laptop.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

Please continue to perform the steps from the below links. These steps are tried and tested by HP and should  help:

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know. All the best! 🙂

0 Kudos
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a 15" Spectre 360 with an i7 processor and the fan spins and is very loud even when the CPU usage is under 5%.

HP Tech Support said they have never heard of this problem before - what a bunch of liars !!!!

After updating the bios and windows and etc, etc, etc - my machine goes back to this problen within a day.

HP wants me to send this is for repair - what will they repair ???? it appears that this is a common issue that has never been resolved since 2015 !

I think they should refund my money because I dont believe that HP even acknowledges there is a problem with this.

Comments ?   HP ????????

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation