cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
NewaJosep
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Makes noise, heats unbearably, fan spins fast and makes a spinning noise

HP Recommended
Spectre 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi, I have spectre 360 with 7th Gen i7, 13 inch. it is making a loud noise when the fan is spinning and heats so fast. the heat is unbearable in the left side of the laptop. i bought it just 7 days ago..
Can someone help please?

2 REPLIES 2
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 5,676 830 1,236
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@NewaJosep

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂

I understand that you have an HP Spectre x360 laptop and a loud noise appears from the fan and it overheats. I'd like to assist you with this case.

I would like to know if any changes (hardware or software) took place on the laptop after which this issue may have started. Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Power off the laptop.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

Please continue to perform the steps from the below links. These steps are tried and tested by HP and should  help:

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know. All the best! 🙂

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
mrbuilder43
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a 15" Spectre 360 with an i7 processor and the fan spins and is very loud even when the CPU usage is under 5%.

HP Tech Support said they have never heard of this problem before - what a bunch of liars !!!!

After updating the bios and windows and etc, etc, etc - my machine goes back to this problen within a day.

HP wants me to send this is for repair - what will they repair ???? it appears that this is a common issue that has never been resolved since 2015 !

I think they should refund my money because I dont believe that HP even acknowledges there is a problem with this.

Comments ?   HP ????????

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation