Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Many drivers update failure

HP Recommended
PLEASE HELP! Warranty expired 1 month Ago…. Laptop: HP Envy x360 – m6-w101dx, OS: Windows 10 (64 bit) Lately, Windows gives me “The display driver has failed but the system was able to recover” on a daily basis. Every two days, laptop crashes and windows is “reset”, I loose everything. On “restart” the display changes appearance and the device manager shows an alert on the display saying it is not working properly. DISPLAY (Intel HD Graphics 5500 Driver version 10.18.15.4272): update from device manager and get like “Windows [...] encountered an error while attempting to install it. Visit manufacturer website.”. Then I go to Intel and I get “you have a manufacturer specific driver installed, got to your manufacturer”. So I have downloaded from HP the driver (sp74635.exe) and running the installation get “The set up failed to install one or more device drivers”. AUDIO (Realtek High Definition Audio / Intel Display Audio): devices not detected when laptop running “normally”. Alerts in “Other devices/Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus”. Realtek says “The device is not configured correctly (Code 1). [...] Update driver”. Intel, says “Reinstall the drivers for this device (Code 18)”. Update from device manager gives mi the same as display. Intel and Realtek driver download form their pages but the installation processes fail. OTHERS: now more drivers update are failing • Intel driver update for Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 - Error 0x800f0246 • Synaptics driver update for Synaptics SMBus TouchPad - Error 0x800f0246” THANKS A LOT!
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,685 9,594 777 3,592
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome!

I suggest you calm down 🙂 This can be solved.

Your model comes with WIn 10 Home edition (x64) preinstalled and should have recovery partition available. If it is there, intact and working you will be able to recover easily your PC to factory default condition. I see you mention about "Windows reset" and loosing everything. Could you elaborate on exactly what you have tried so far re. this ?

Can you back-up your important files/data ?

Here is how you can invoke the Recovery process to reset the PC to factory default condition.

1. Please, shutdown the computer using the power button

2. Press the power-on button to power the PC on.

2.1 As soon as you press the power-on button, immediately begin hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).

This should open a HP Startup Menu

3. Choose F11 to open System Recovery options. Follow the on-screen instructions.

The computer should boot from recovery partition to open you various recovery options. Note, that F11 option will only work if the recovery partition is there (not deleted) and intact. From there, you have prenty of options to choose from.

Continue to perform HP Recovery or Recovery Manager (if available) or full Reset with remove everything option.

Here is more info and details:

>> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00006110

>> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04758961

Please, provide your feedback and let me know how it goes.

Please, provide your feedback. Let me know how it goes an if it works for you.

Your feedback and update are important. Click below on Accept As Solution and Likes+ icon if my comments helped or to say thanks
I am an HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** My location: Europe *** HP Expert - Volunteer
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hello IT_Winsec! Thank you for your answer and sorry for not replying sooner. When I said "i loose everything" I mean that all the times that happened (3) I lost what I had been working on mainly. Just to express how annoying the problem had become. I still have all my files and the laptop still works "fine" with un updated drivers. Regarding reset to factory default I had not tried to do so but I thought maybe it was too much since I will loose all the apps and programs. I am currently in Asia with limited access to internet for a couple of months and might not be able to get all of them back soon so... Now, I have reverted Widnows to 7 days ago through a restoration point. It was the oldest one that worked, some did not. And the crashing problem seems to be under control. Still I am not allowed to update drivers. Since I am far from home and support I will try to hold on like this and perform the reset to factory default condition when I am back. Does that sound like a wise idea to you? Thank you once again.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,685 9,594 777 3,592
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You are welcome. Thank you for your update on the issue.

If the situation is stable now, what you have as a plan sounds reasonable.

If possible and to be on the safe side, ensure you have a back-up (copy) of your most important files stored on a flash drive, external HDD or in a Cloud service.

Don't hesitate to post again. Cheers!

Your feedback and update are important. Click below on Accept As Solution and Likes+ icon if my comments helped or to say thanks
I am an HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** My location: Europe *** HP Expert - Volunteer
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation