Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Petterson Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Maximum RAM on Pavilion DM4 Notebook

HP Pavilion DM4
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I'm having a Pavilion  HP DM4 i5 ,  with 6 GB RAM installed. Is it possible to upgrade the RAM to 16 GB - which RAM-Modules do I need then? On the official documents the maximum RAM is 8 GB, but at the time, the documents were made, no 8GB-Modules were available.

Does the BIOS support 8GB Modules? The notebook has two slots, so my hope is, if I replace the built in 2x4GB with 2x8GB, I'll have 16 GB of RAM.

For what I need this? Running different virtual machines at one time for working. :-)

Thanks for your help!

2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
20878 2715 6809
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post

Petterson.

32-bit Windows has an address space of 4GB.

You are limited to 4GB memory.

REO

****Click the Blue thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Microsoft Registered Refurbisher and Registered Microsoft Partner
0 Kudos
Petterson Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post

But this notebook comes with win 32 and 6Gb.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation