Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
We have had so many of these now, I'm actually embarrassed for HP. For rose of you still having the issue, do yourselves a favour and buy a PCI/E mini Intel or broadcom card. It takes 5 minutes to install and will absolutely resolve your issue. I know you shouldn't have to but trust me its easier than sending your laptop to Poland and having the HDD wiped! As a precaution, keep the old WiFi junk for warranty purposes
HP Recommended

Driver 5.00.44.0 works flawless, tested it on 18 450 G1 notebooks at the same time; they kept the connection where they didn't before

HP Recommended
This driver does seem more stable unless you're planning on upgrading to Windows 8.1 with Hyper V. Your laptop will refuse to boot until the WiFi card is disable in the BIOS. This was the reason for swapping out the card for an Intel, which works faultlessly. Hopefully there aren't too many users planning to use Hyper V on 8.1 😊
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with the same wi-fi adapter and I updated and BIOS and drivers and it doesn't seems to fix the problem...

HP Recommended

@Milosz

Yup ... software upgrades and settings dont work ... insist that your HP distributor in your country replace the wifi card at their cost ... also log a complaint with HP Complaints dept  ... dont bother with HP Support, they are useless. When logging a complaint insist they read these posts. There are a few other threads under different headings discussing the same problem. I also suggest you duplicate your complaint on the HP Facebook page.

The more of us that complain the more HP will realise this is a serious global problem. Good luck.

Will.

HP Recommended

I agree with the above, complain, complain, complain... it is a worldwide issue, and apparently, there is not one country in the world where this problem is taken seriously.

All of that to try to save a few cents...

FG

HP Recommended

hey guys I've solved the problem...I just installed older driver for Mediatek MT7630E 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter because new one or new ones,I don't know,are worse than older ones..who would said that the older one would be better tha new one,but like I said..that solved my problem..

HP Recommended

I've been having this same issue on an out of the box ProBook 470 G1 notebook.

Unfortunately changing the Wireless Authentication to TKIP isn't an option, however I've just found that MediaTek have a newer driver (5.0.46.0) then what is on the HP website (5.0.44.0).

http://www.mediatek.com/en/downloads/pciert2790rt309xrt35x2rt539xrt3290mt7630/

I've just updated and will see if this recitifies these issues.

Kind Regards,

Daniel Murton

HP Recommended

Hey guys,

Just after posting this I found the core issue here. There was something interfereing with the channel that the Access Point was operating on. I changed this do a different channel and it resolved this right away (observed by running ping tests).

Hope this can help someone else.

Kind Regards,

Daniel Murton

HP Recommended

Hi Daniel

Sounds positive .. I did not try changing channels .. I can imagine this may become an issue when mobile miving from ond network to another ... ? 

KR

William

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.