Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
joeplittle36 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Memory upgrade/expansion for HP-ac143wm

HP-ac143wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was wanting to pursue the memory upgrade for my 6 GB HP-ac143wm...do you have the precise name/type of modules to perform either the 8 GB or 16 GB upgrade? I am a poweruser/programmer and would benefit from more memory.

Thanks,

Joe

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
37037 5587 9629
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Memory upgrade/expansion for HP-ac143wm

Here is the Service manual:

Manual

p. 2 the Manual says 8 gigs is the max. I personally think it will take 16 gigs since it will take an 8 gig module, but to be safe assume 8 is the max. 

To go from 6 gigs to 8 gigs you have to discard the existing 2 gig module and replace it with a 4 gig module. 

How to on p. 46:

4-GB (PC3L, 12800, 1600-MHz) 691740-005

This is really only supposed to be done by an authorized technician to keep the warranty, but it is actually not terribly hard to do. There are a lot of screws involved, however so if you are not used to tech work you might want to take it to a shop. 

Post back if you need more help. the 6 gig to 8 gig upgrade should be somewhat noticeable and does enable dual channel memory operation which is a bit faster than single channel and the extra 2 gigs is needed by any intensive computing. 8 to 16 gigs might not even be noticeable. 

This is the module you need:

https://www.amazon.com/HP-691740-001-1600MHz-PC3L-12800-memory/dp/B00CI08FX4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=...

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation