cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Message that Windows 7 7601 build is not genuine - desktop is now black

Presario CQ61
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I purchased my Compaq Presario CQ61 in the UK from a legitimate supplier in 2010 and recently it has declared that my Windows 7 (came pre-installed ) is not the genuine product. Unfortunately, due to excessive use, my Microsoft sticker with the activation key located on the bottom of my laptop has rubbed off so I can not re-enter it. Internet search shows that many others (not just HP owners) have experienced this - I have tried to resolve this with no success. Could you pleaser advise?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
20,522 20,467 1,880 4,519
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Message that Windows 7 7601 build is not genuine - desktop is now black

DaveinCornwall

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about Win7 not being genuine anymore and wanted to help.

Recommend you download and run this utility: Download Windows OEM Product Key Tool - MajorGeeks

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
========================================================================
If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my reply post to say thanks!

If they helped resolve your issue, please click "Accept As Solution" to help others find similar information.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation