cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
The_Golfer
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Micro SD Card Reader Not Reading My Micro Sd Card

HP Recommended
HP EliteBook Folio 1020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ok So I Just Used My GoPro To Make Some Videos And It Saves Them To A Micro SD Card. My Elitebook has a micros SD card reader so i put it in there.. When I Click In File Explorer To Open The File it says "You Dont Currently Have Permission to open this file, Click Continue To Permenantly Gain Access to this file or Cancel" so i hit continue and it says "you have been denied permission to access this folder, to gain access to this folder you will need to use the Security Tab" (Security tab is higlighted) so i click it and if i try to change anything in there it says "you need to provide administrator permission click continue to do this" i click continue and it tells me "You dont have sufficient rights to do this" and it closes everything..

NOTES:

I AM the administrator

I have already tried to download a REALTEK sd card reader driver (Nothing Changed)

PLEASE HELP!

3 REPLIES 3
frrw
Level 8
1,890 1,883 83 185
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello The_Golfer:

Welcome to HP's forum.  Troubles with a camera I see.  The wole time I searching for scan disc and flash drive instructions . It all turns out you are talking about a camera not scan a scan disc card (Chip) is just like film in a camera. Most camera's provide additional software discs to install into computers to open the scan disc you use in the camera. That is why you can not opened it by it self in a computer. Software would have the codes to open the scan disc to view the files. 

Now that being said sit back and get some pop corn and a drink begin watching these how to do videos . Then take a break and set it up on your computer and begin watching your movies. Sounds like a goog plain to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe2cXbcZEXk

Their is more of the movies Go Pro to your computer movies on you tube website .

Enjoy your movies . You are very much welcome frrw.

so i bought a Go Pro and was trying to figure out how to upload the videos to my computer, at first i thought that i would have to buy an adapter to transfer...
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
The_Golfer
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I know how to do it its the fact that my computer is denying me from opening the file. I have a micro sd reader so i tried that and it did not work so i tried usb i had the same issue....

frrw
Level 8
1,890 1,883 83 185
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Golfer:

When you are getting the security screen. Are you providing the computer's security excess code?  Witch is the computer pass word key.  If you are still having issues then you need to contact Apple support. You followed above directions and still no luck. frrw

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation