Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
CA6 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Microsoft edge crashed my computer and I can turn computer on but screen remains black

HP Pavillon 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Had problem message on Microsoft edge that computer could be corrupted.  Now can't turn on computer even though power is going to it. What can I do

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Associate Dean Associate Dean
Associate Dean
5903 5828 465 1566
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Microsoft edge crashed my computer and I can turn computer on but screen remains black

Hi

Method 1:

Run the apps troubleshooter and check if it helps with the issue. Refer to the following article and run the Apps troubleshooter:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

1. Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
  2. In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    sfc /scannow

If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 3:

You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
  3. Select Add an Account.
  4. Enter a user name and hit Next.
  5. Click on Finish.
  6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
  7. Check if issue persists.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation