Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Dv8t-1100 CTO Entertainment No
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Thank you for any help with my problem. Model # VF836AV. Upgraded system from Windows 7 Pro

After upgrading to Windows 10 Pro I have 5 devices without drivers. Before I converted I ran the compatibility check and everything checked ok. I have not determined what if any problems this is causing except when I shut down the system I get a sound similiar to unplugging a live speaker contact. I do not know if this is related to the missing drivers.

1. Three Base System Devices are missing drivers. Descriptive information for each as follows:

Locations for the three respectively  --- PCI bus 5, device 0, function 3--- PCI bus 5, device 0, function 4--- PCI bus 5, device 0, function 1

Details for all three only show the words ----- Base System Device

Events Show ----- Device PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2383&SUBSYS_7001103C&REV_00\4&4b307a9&0&03E4 requires further installation. -----Device PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2384&SUBSYS_7001103C&REV_00\4&4b307a9&0&04E4 requires further installation.-----Device PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2382&SUBSYS_7001103C&REV_00\4&4b307a9&0&01E4 requires further installation.

2. Multimedia Controller

Location ----- PCI bus 4, device 0, function 0

Details ----- Multimedia Controller

Events ----- Device PCI\VEN_1131&DEV_7160&SUBSYS_10551461&REV_03\4&2eda59c2&0&00E3 requires further installation.

3. Unknown Device

Location ----- on PCI Express Root Complex

Details ----- ACPI\HPQ0004\3&11583659&0

Events ----- Device ACPI\HPQ0004\3&11583659&0 requires further installation.

I have run the HP Assistant and it found no updates for my system configuration. I am not sure what drivers I am looking for nor where to find them. I am not familiar with Base system devices. I did see in the forum where other configurations had the same issues, with driver links for the solution but none for my configuration. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

gwashing

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The Multimedia Controller is the TV tuner and if the driver I posted didn't work, there are no other alternatives.

Try browsing to the driver folder that was created when you ran the driver and see if it installs that way.

The 0004 unknown device should have installed by using the last driver I posted (3D driveguard).

Also try manually installing that driver.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi:

You will have to see if the W7 drivers work...

This package contains the driver that enables the JMicron Card Reader in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp49706.exe

This package provides the software driver for the HP USB Digital/Analog TV Tuner in the supported notebook/laptop models running a supported operating system.

File name: sp45817.exe

0004:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_125640_1

HP Recommended

Greetings, your advice was great! The Base System issue was cleared with the driver you suggested. The Unknown Device and the Multimedia Controller issue however remain. Do you have any advice on how I might find out what the two relate to? I also installed SP45817 but saw no results from that. Thanks for your help and I continue to look for the solution to the other two device issues.

gwashing

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The Multimedia Controller is the TV tuner and if the driver I posted didn't work, there are no other alternatives.

Try browsing to the driver folder that was created when you ran the driver and see if it installs that way.

The 0004 unknown device should have installed by using the last driver I posted (3D driveguard).

Also try manually installing that driver.

HP Recommended

Mr Tikkanen again let me express my gratitude. Thanks for the further detail as I didn't pick up your advice fully. After going back and manually loading the Multimedia Controller driver that too did not correct the problem but the unknow device has been resolved with the 3D driver. As you instructed there is nothing else we can do with the Multimedia. I am better off only one driver unresolved and thank you for helping!

gwashing

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

I'm not giving up that easy.

Shame on me because I just explored the contents of the unpacked folder and it does not display the driver setup information file.

I used my handy 7-zip file utility to further break down the file and then it revealed the actual driver.

So...see if this works...

Download and install this free file utility.  The second file listed at the top of the page is for 64 bit.

http://www.7-zip.org/

After you install 7-zip, download that TV tuner driver again but don't run it.

Right click on the downloaded TV tuner driver and select 7-Zip from the list of options.

Have 7-Zip Extract to: and let it extract the files into the name of the folder (sp45817).

Now open the unzipped folder (normally when you have done this, the driver files are present).

But as you can see, there are no actual driver files present, which is why when you browsed to the folder, nothing happened.

Do you see that HP_Tuner_Installer file (the one with the little shield on it)?  Right click on that file, and again allow 7-Zip to Extract to.

Now 7-Zip will extract the driver files out of that installer into a folder.  After 7-zip does its thing, when you open that folder you will see all of the driver files.

Go to the device manager and click on the Multimedia Controller needing drivers.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.  Select the Browse my computer for driver software option.

Browse to the main folder you unzipped, make sure the include subfolders box is checked and hopefully the driver will now install.

HP Recommended

Hi Mr. TikKanan, i am sorry it is late but i was away most of the day. I tried the new procedure but it did not work. Perhaps i did not do something correctly. I have taken some pictures of my action steps including what is in the extracted folders. I am new to the forum and have not been able to figure out how to attach them.  If you can send me instructions on how to send my snipping pictures you will be able to see if i did this correctly or if the process will not work for my pc.

1. i took pictures of the folder and subfolder with content showing

2. i showed the browse result and the update driver result

Thank you for trying to help

I now see how to attach my snipps but my images are too large. Well ...It was a good idea. i think I did it correctly. I tried with the major folder with the subfolder box checked and with the folder showing the driver files without the subfolder checked. They both said --- Windows could not find  driver software for your device

gwashing

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

OK, I see why that driver didn't work.

That is not the correct driver.

I explored the driver folder and the setup information files do not contain support for the hardware ID you posted, so it is back to the drawing board to find the right driver.

After doing a quick search I found the driver you need to install.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45500.exe

If it does not automatically install, we will use 7-zip again to get to the drivers which are in one of the folders.

Try the easy way first.

HP Recommended

The sp45500 worked!! I never would have found this without your help. What good fortune for the forum to have you watching our troubles. Thank you!

i want to ask if you will watch this thread for another couple of days. I had an activation issue with my windows 10 and have to go back to Windows 7 and then upgrade again per Microsoft. I assume everything will work ok with the reload of the drivers but you never know.

just a simple question......why doesn't HP put those drivers at their support web site so that customers like me could find them? 

gwashing 

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

The same thing happened to me on an upgrade.  Had to go back to W7 and try again.

The second time was successful and it showed that Windows 10 was activated.

Why does HP not have the all of the drivers on a support page?

Since I do not work for or represent HP, unfortunately, that I do not know. 

There are several models where drivers are missing or the wrong ones are listed.

I have reported these instances in the past, and sometimes they fix them and sometimes they don't.

That is why it is so important to post the hardware IDs for the devices in order for folks in the know to hunt these things down.

I'm sorry I did such a sloppy job on guiding you towards finding the right driver for the TV tuner.

But hopefully you learned a little in the process in case a driver does not automatically install.

There are ways to make it happen.

Good luck with your second go-around.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.