cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Aijun
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Missing USB 3.0 driver on HP ENVY14

HP ENVY14-3010nr specrtre
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I tried so many times to get my USB 3.0 driver back, then I can use it. But always failed, even download  the drive but computer showed the messsage is:  this computer couldn't meet tne minum requirement?  What is that means?  Can I get answer and help from someone, Thank you!!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
2,840 2,755 184 359
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Missing USB 3.0 driver on HP ENVY14

Hey @Aijun, 

I  wanted to reach out to not just help you, but also say welcome! I understand that you have a HP ENVY 14-3010nr SPECTRE Notebook PC and you do not have the USB 3.0 driver.

You would need to download the updated chipset driver to get rid of the "Your system does not meet the minimum requirements" error message. 

At the HP ENVY 14-3010nr SPECTRE Notebook PC Software and Driver Downloads page, there are many different Chipset options. You would need to update yours. There is also a USB 3.0 driver that you would need to download after you have updated the chipset. It is in your best interest to update all of your drivers. 

For example: 

Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver : This package contains the Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver for supported notebook models and operating systems. This utility enables the operating system to show the correct name for the installed Intel hardware in the Microsoft Windows Device Manager.

File name: sp55793.exe

Updated: Mar 1, 2016

Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver: This package provides the Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The driver enables USB 3.0 devices.

File name: sp55802.exe

Updated: Mar 1, 2016

You can do these updates in a few ways. You can use Windows Update, the HP Support Assistant and the Device Manager to update all of the drivers that need updating automatically. Your other option would be to download the updates from the website and apply them manually.

I would personally use the HP Support Assistant and Windows Update first before any other option. 

Please click the Accept as Solution if you feel this post has helped you, or could help others. You can say thanks easily by clicking the Thumbs Up below!

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and any other detailed information you can provide. 

Thanks for joining in! 

Have a great day! Smiley Happy

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation