Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Dv6pavilion Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Motherboard for hp Pavilion dv6

Hp pavilion v6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I need to buy a motherboard for my hp pavilion dv6 (model dv6-6b02TX). The motherboard part number is 665343-001. Do I need to buy the same part number to fit in? I can't find motherboard with this number in eBay. I find some motherboards bearing the number 665342-001 and 665348-001. Can anyone of you please answer me?

Regards

Quamru.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
36994 5578 9620
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Motherboard for hp Pavilion dv6

This is the description of your motherboard:

For use only with computer models equipped with an Intel dual core processor, the HD6770 graphics subsystem with 1024-MB of discrete memory, and USB version 3.0 665343-001

Your Service Manual

See p. 25. Any of the motherboards will fit in the chassis. If you want to reuse your processor you have to get an Intel dual core board and if you like the video you need to get a board with at least the same video. 

The xx342 board is for Quad Core as is the xx348. So if you got one of those boards, you would also need a new processor.

This is your board on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Pavilion-DV6-DV6-6000-Motherboard-665343-001-Intel-HM65-HD6770-1GB-DDR3-H...

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation