cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
aka_emilicious
2 2 0 0
Message 31 of 39
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Mouse Jumping to corner on its own (TX2000 tablet PC)

@jojodrum3 wrote:

I'm convinced that it's hardware related. When the screen is up the mouse jumps to the lower right corner and when it's down it jumps to the upper right corner. Both spots are near the delete key. When I move the screen half turned, it stops completely.

The computer seems to get hotter than it used to, and it's all concentrated in that same corner where the vents/fans are, so I may take it apart and clean out the dust and see if that helps.

That's what my thought is as well. I tried cleaning, but it doesn't seem to help at all

0 Kudos
qwerty12345
1 1 0 0
Message 32 of 39
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Oxfordy,

Thanks a million plus.  Your solution worked like a charm.  I tried some of the other solutions in the forum, but none of them worked.  I was about to give up and said let me try disabling the pen...and it worked like a charm. 

Best wishes...:smileyvery-happy: am a happy camper

0 Kudos
AngelOfDarkWind
1 1 0 0
Message 33 of 39
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi!

I've been having the same problem with my TC4400 tablet running Ubuntu Linux.

Here are my experiences:

- the cursor started jumping about 5 months ago. The computer is in my hands for exactly 2 years now, but it was a renew, so it's some time older, maybe half-1 year.

- the cursor first started jumping to the bottom right corner.

- it had a tendency to jump when I was using firefox watching sites like gmail or youtube, that used Java and/or Flash.

- about 2 months ago it started jumping (and clicking of course) not only when I used firefox with the mentions conditions, but also for other programs, and generally, at any time.

- about 1 week ago, I installed the newest version of Ubuntu (10.04), and since then the cursor started to jump to the bottom left corner too, so now it jumps to 2 different places.

- I also noticed, that the cursor does not jump when I use the pen. (there is no touch recognition, only the pen)

- I also noticed, that my computer started to became awfully hot at the corner of the ventilator, which is the corner, where the ESC button is.

So far I thought about disabling the touchpad and use  the joystick instead, but they disable together, so I cannot do that.

I cannot afford to be without my computer, so I cannot put it to repair service. (I had a painful experience with them already anyway.)

The only way I can avoid the cursor from jumping is to hold the pen with one hand to the monitor, but this is pretty uncomfortable.

This whole cursor jumping thing is really annoying, and I'm relieved that I'm not the only one experiencing this.

0 Kudos
jojodrum3
Level 1
9 9 0 0
Message 34 of 39
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I've removed the keyboard and the plastic panel beside the keyboard (beneath the screen) to reveal the motherboard. In the area that the mouse would jump to when the screen was rotated and lied down (convertible position), I placed some material (this spot happens to be in the corner where the processor fan is. I'm thinking the fan is emitting some electro magnetic field or something)

I placed a thin foam insulating pad that I salvaged from a dead hard drive and then a folded pieceof aluminum foil in the same shape and placed it on top of the foil. I think bare aluminum foil may be a little dangerous and risk shorting some circuit. 

I've noticed the problem a couple of times in the last couple of months but it's pretty much gone. Maybe a 95-99% reduction.

Anyway, to Angelofdarkwind, if you don't need the tablet function of your laptop, you can disable both the touch and digitizer to eliminate the problem. I have no idea how to do these things in Ubuntu but I'm sure there's info on their forums.

0 Kudos
cocoa117
Level 2
19 11 0 0
Message 35 of 39
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I am using TouchSmart TX2 1010ea. And my cursor is jumping every where.  I found as soon as disable the N-Trig, the cursor problem will gone. So I think it is related with software driver then hardware.

0 Kudos
billdemooy
1 1 0 0
Message 36 of 39
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I followed your experience, oxfordy, that of disabling the Wacom HID Pen.  It appears to work for me. 

Many kudos for your "(wrestling) with this problem for months".  I have a Pavilion tx2114ca tablet pc running on Vista 64.

I had spent countless hours with HP technical help.  (They just follow what they are told on their screens without any real intelligence on their part.  If this... do that.)

I had updated everything including uninstalling and reinstalling.

I had gone so far as doing a full reinstall of my operating system, at HP's recommendation, requiring reinstalling all my programs.  The reinstall worked...for awhile.  Then my system did auto updates of Microsoft software.  The "mind of its own" cursor reappeared.  I am not a techie but I am led to believe this problem is software related and is a conflict with HP software versus MS operating language.

May I say again, many kudos to you.

0 Kudos
deracinee1
1 1 0 0
Message 37 of 39
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

my mouse keeps jumping to the top left corner every time i try to touch the screen.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
ooxkenxoo
1 1 0 0
Message 38 of 39
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I found the answer:

Download the N-trig duosense firmware update.  You can download it specifically for the HP TX2 in the dropdown menu.  

http://support.n-trig.com/downloads.aspx

Hope this works for you as it did for me.  The pointer stopped jumping to the top right hand side after the firmware update.

0 Kudos
Ntuli
3 1 0 0
Message 39 of 39
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

i have the some problem that you have experienced. plz help me.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation