Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
K_Seven Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Multitasking: 3 finger flick on touchpad after Sleep

HP ENVY TS 15 NOTEBOOK PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am currently running Windows 10 (64-bit).

After I turn on my computer, the three-finger flick gesture to open multitasking works great. However, after I put my computer to sleep (for several hours) and resume windows, only the three finger flick gesture no longer works. Two finger scrolling, single tapping, etc work except the three finger flick. This feature, however, works with the keyboard (WIN + tab) so I'm assuming the problem lies in the touchpad. How can I fix this?

I have the latest touchpad driver installed.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES
ScottieB Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have an HP Envy 14  6-1010us that is experiencing this same issue. Three-finger flick works after restarting, but not after resuming from sleep. 

0 Kudos
amir_sabry Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

until synaptics(the touchpad manufacturer) comes with a fix we had to manually restart the synaptics services after resuming from sleep

start the task manager

look for "synaptics touch pad 64 bit enhancements"

click on it then click on the "end task" button

by now two finger scrolling shouldn't work don't worry

go to control panel

then hardware and sound

then synaptics

it might ask you to unistall driver click NO

the synaptics options window appears wait for 3 or for seconds and all gestures will start working

amir_sabry Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

this batch file restarts the service, whenever the gestures doesnt work just double click the batch file and it works :)

to create the  batch file:

1- open notepad and paste the follwing WITH the quotes

taskkill /f /fi "imagename eq SynTPEnh.exe"
start "" "C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe"

2- save the notepad file as touchpad.bat  

now when the gestures doesnt work just double click the touchpad.bat the gestures will work .

i saved the batch file on my desktop for easy acces to it

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation